A dwelling more than 3 centuries old
On the heights of Saint Malo this splendid captaincy formerly named “Le tertre Richard” was built in 1711 as a countryside property and belonged to a rich merchant called Henri Poitevin des Ormes ,then in 1750 to Michel Picot de Presménil, a mighty shipowner, until his death in 1788.
In 1789,during the French Revolution, le Parc de la Briantais,originally part of the property, became ,for a while, part of the National Property.
In 1803, Jacques-Wulfren Ethéart acquired the property at auction and sold it in 1811 . Since that time and until 1858, the captaincy was successively owned by different noblemen : 1818, Charles Joseph Périer de Hauterive, captain of the National Guard, then Jacques Sully-Brunet, counselor at court, in 1838.
In 1858, Eugène Sully-Brunet,inherited the property end built the actual manor of la Briantais.
From 1888 to 1936, the captaincy belonged to the La Chambre ‘s family and fell under German occupation during the second World War .Finally, in 1907, Guy de la Chambre bequeathed the property to the Diocese.
In 1989, Mr &Mrs Guerit acquired the former Tertre Richard called Le Clos Morin and the city of St Malo acquired the Parc de la Briantais with its castle .
In 2017, the property, that still belongs to the Guerit family was totally refurbished and opened in June as a luxury bed and breakfast